About The Opportunity
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are looking for a self-starter to join our dynamic team and lead our payroll function. This role will oversee accurate and timely payroll processing including accounting, reconciliation, analysis, and compliance. An ideal candidate will continually drive process improvements by partnering with the People team as well as with individual department managers. Our Ideal candidate is detailed oriented, analytical and methodical, with experience in payroll & system administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations. This person will be an expert payroll resource for the entire company.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Responsible for accurate, timely and efficient payroll processing of 3,000 + employees. Will be responsible for the preparation, accurate and timely delivery of payroll and related payments (tax etc.)
- Responsible for understanding and documenting the end to end payroll processes, identifying gaps in controls, monitoring & review controls, segregation of duties and data management
- Responsible for the timely preparation and calculation of ancillary payments/checks
- Responsible for accurate and up to date employee record in HRIS (UltiPro)
- Responsible for reconciling W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation transactions (i.e. sales commission, bonuses, equity, etc.). This includes the reconciliation of the quarterly Federal and state returns and amendments
- Effectively serve as the main contact for all payroll related matters for the auditors including accurate and timely preparation of all audit-related requests.
- Stay current on legislative, payroll tax regulation, applicable federal and state laws and industry changes that affect payroll operations.
You Should Have
- 10+ years of relevant payroll and HR administration experience in a public company, with 5+ years in a management role.
- Experience with multi-state Payrolls and both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Experience with automated human resources and payroll systems; Ultipro a plus
- CPP certification is a plus
- High-functioning, working knowledge of relevant payroll related standards, regulations and other related requirements.
- Proactive problem solver with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail
- Driven and highly motivated person who can lead a team
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.