Operations Lead, Talent Acquisition
The Team: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar including design, marketing, finance, quality, human resources, corporate communications, legal, compliance, strategic planning, and technology with the goal of keeping our business running smoothly. Each of these functions plays an essential role in supporting our company's infrastructure, day-to-day operations, and ongoing strategic initiatives.
The Role: We believe that people are our most important asset. Our people—through their creativity, talent, and willingness to learn—are essential to the success of our company. We are looking for a bright, energetic, and driven individual to serve as an Operations Lead for Talent & Culture, focusing on Talent Acquisition. As a member of the Talent & Culture Operations team, you will contribute to the overall success of the team and positive experience for our employees, managers, and colleagues. In this role, you will be expected to act with a high degree of autonomy, serving as the primary liaison between the Talent Acquisition and Operations functions within Human Resources. You will lead critical talent acquisition initiatives, processes, and projects to successful execution. This position dual reports to the Director of Operations for Talent and Culture and the Director of Talent Acquisition. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Operate as integrated member of both the Talent & Culture Operations and Talent Acquisition teams
• Own standard operating procedures in Talent Acquisition, ensuring all documentation is available and up to date. Work with the Talent Acquisition team to determine quality and audit procedures and oversee domain related processes.
• Serve as subject matter expert and solution architect for implementation of Talent Acquisition related processes in HRIS
• Liaise with counterparts in HR Operations across the globe to ensure consistency of process and employee experience where possible
• Proactively identify process improvements and opportunities to streamline, automate, and transition work to centralized teams
• Liaise with Workday team to support ongoing business process improvements within the Applicant Tracking System
• Serve as an escalation point for questions about Talent Acquisition, via AskHR Service Desk, while complying with defined service level agreements
• Train Operations specialists on processes and programs related to Talent Acquisition
• Oversee process or project execution within Talent Acquisition
• Support overall T&C and T&C Operations specific priorities by supporting processes such as the end of year compensation cycle, open enrollment, orientation, etc.
To be successful in this role, the T&C Operations Lead should have an awareness and basic understanding of the following skilled areas with the ability to apply such skills under general supervision:
• Application of company, T&C, and talent acquisition strategies, philosophies, and approaches
• Ability to educate, train, and communicate HR counterparts, managers and employees in compensation areas
• Ability to utilize and leverage core business and HR-specific resources, processes, technologies, and internal/external networks when solving business challenges
• Ability to problem solve and provide consultation/advising to stakeholders to deliver customized compensation solutions for organization challenges
• Knowledge of current recruiting industry best-practices, strategies, technology, and service providers a plus
• Knowledge of relevant laws, legal rulings, and regulations a plus
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity