Manager - Workers Compensation
Tribune Publishing, parent company of Chicago Tribune, is hiring a Workers Compensation Manager. The Workers Compensation Manager is responsible for all workers’ compensation and return to work related issues.
Tribune Publishing (NASDAQ:TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
In addition to award-winning local media businesses, Tribune Publishing operates national and international brands such as Tribune Content Agency and the Daily Meal, and is the majority owner of the product review website BestReviews.
- Handles all workers’ compensation claims, including follow up with clinics, doctors, hospitals and associates.
- Manage and maintain records for non-DOT, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug testing.
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring an effective return to work program.
- Conducts post-accident safety investigations.
- Meet, document and conduct re-training on repeat injury claims.
- Maintain MIOSHA 300 log for Chicago Manufacturing and Distribution site.
- Investigate all potential fraudulent claims; conduct surveillance if necessary to obtain evidence.
- Meet quarterly with Insurance representatives to partner cost reduction and injury prevention programs.
- Partner with Human Resources to develop and provide Safety training programs for new hires (lifting, etc).
- Track and publish annual injury data.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in Risk Claims/Investigations.
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in Risk Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Occupational Therapy or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Requires excellent communication, negotiation and decision making skills.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology including understanding of types/extents of injuries.
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer. Ability to travel as needed.