We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Centro is seeking a strategic compensation professional to join the Talent & Development Team in our Chicago office. Reporting directly to the VP, TALENT OPERATIONS, this future Centron will be responsible for managing and maintaining Centro’s compensation function and strategies through regular market analysis to plan, develop and implement new and revised programs, policies and procedures that align with Centro’s compensation strategy. This position will also be responsible for ensuring compensation programs are consistently administered and remain in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s Talent & Development (T&D) team engages the most sought after talent by empowering Centrons to become the best versions of themselves. The T&D team consists of Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Education & Development, and Talent Partners. T&D works hard to foster a community and culture within Centro where raving fan service can flourish.
- Administers US and Canada base pay and variable pay programs, including annual analysis of variable pay programs effectiveness.
- Review current pay programs making recommendations for changes to better align our current pay practices with Centro’s Compensation Philosophy.
- Manages all compensation programs, including but not limited to job evaluation, job classification, development, implementation and maintenance of salary structures, and equity plans.
- Advise and consult with the business on compensation policies
- Work cross functionally with Rev Ops & FP&A to ensure variable compensation programs work within the budget and can be accurately calculated throughout the year taking into account all possible variables and movement of Centrons (ie, Leaves, terminations, promotions, and transfers).
- In conjunction with VP, TALENT OPERATIONS develops plans, educational materials, and communication designs to provide stakeholders with timely and accurate information regarding compensation initiatives
- Provide Rev Ops with regular reporting of employee movement between plans as well as new hires and terminations.
- Collaborates with VP, TALENT OPERATIONS on a variety of projects, including program design, analysis, budgeting and implementation of new programs.
- Manages annual survey participation for Radford, Mercer, Culpepper and Towers Watson
- Collaborates with VP, TALENT OPERATIONS to develop and document procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Partners with Talent Partners on QTR process to ensure compensation best practices are being followed.
- Responsible for configuration and maintenance of HRIS to meet compensation needs also ensuring it is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, variable pay programs, etc
- Communicates variable pay programs in new-hire orientation
- Conducts comp analysis on new roles within 72 hours of request
- Completes Bonus calculations on a Quarterly and Annual basis
- QAs Monthly Commissions
- Works with Talent Management to review and manage job descriptions, including auditing job descriptions for content reflecting job responsibilities and requirements, as needed. Ensures all positions are classified appropriately per FLSA.
- 6+ years of experience in compensation
- Strong analytical skills and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written, required
- Great attention to detail
- Must be highly organized in a fast pace environment with exceptional time management skills
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation
- Experience with an HRIS, Workday, is preferred
- Experience with Salary Surveys required. Mercer, Culpepper, Radford or Towers Watson, preferred.
- Experience with Compensation Management tools, preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional, preferred
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related field a plus
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.