Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a full-time Human Resource Manager to join our Shared Services function. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. The successful candidate will be involved in many Human Resource Operations processes from oversight to onboarding to benefits and payroll administration but a strong focus on employment and legal compliance, immigration, strategic HR projects and supporting the functional lead of Talent Operations.
Responsibilities for this position include:
* Take an active role in the execution of other cross practice HR duties such as lead on various workstreams and implementation of HR projects.
* Establish and implement the Immigration Program operational and strategic vision to align with business needs, using a solution-based approach, focused on process excellence and customer service, including the preparation and delivery of written/oral communications and reporting.
* Lead and participate in immigration related benchmarking with peer organizations. Identify networking opportunities to enhance brand image and continued professional development.
* Ensure compliance with all state and federal statutes, laws and regulations including but not limited to all applicable wage and hour laws, and regulations related to FMLA, OSHA, EEO and ADA.
* Ability to support client needs including background checks, drug testing, contract and master service agreement reviews and monitoring various business units to support compliance with contracts.
* Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
* Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
* Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation and complete investigations with recommendations for improvement and to prevent recurring issues.
* Draft and maintain written policies and procedures related to compliance activities including but not limited to firm-wide policies, employee handbook and website materials.
* File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
* Work with functional lead to drive projects and strategy and develop junior members on the team including providing direct supervision and participating in employee’s annual review process
* Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, and escalate when appropriate.
* Consult with corporate legal department as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
* Discuss emerging compliance issues with management or employees.
* Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
* Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
* Verify that all firm and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
* Drive mandatory compliance training across the firm including but not limited to prevention of sexual harassment.
* Minimum 8-10 years of HR generalist experience with progressive experience; professional services/consulting industry experience preferred;
* Experience with payroll and benefit reporting, and data analysis from payroll and benefit systems, and researching and troubleshooting issues.
* Ability to manage and resolve complex and sensitive situations while managing confidential information appropriately and professionally
* Strong understanding of employment-based immigration processes and procedures
* Compensation expertise with experience developing and maintaining a salary programs is a plus.
* Extensive knowledge of Federal, State, and Local employment laws including complex laws of California and New York
* Experience managing team members and developing people
* Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* The ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with senior management.
* High energy, positive attitude, self-starter, and independent thinker.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills with high degree of EQ.
* Bachelor’s degree.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.