Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist role at Syndigo will be responsible for a broad range of human resources duties, with a focus on HRIS projects to ensure Syndigo’s Ultipro system is optimized and well-maintained. This role will require working face-to-face with other parts of the business, requiring strong communication skills and a teamwork-oriented attitude. By partnering with others in the HR department, this role will be critical to a smooth new hire onboarding, as well as representing the company to all current staff by supporting in-bound requests to the HR team. This role requires someone comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and the ability to lead initiatives as well as work at the tactical level.
This role can be based in Syndigo’s office in Lisle, IL or Chicago, IL but the person will be required to spend time in both offices.
- Be the point person for HRIS projects, including system updates, workflow modifications, and integration of data from various systems. This will include being the main contact for our HRIS vendor.
- Manages the benefits enrollment for new hires and assists with open enrollment
- Create and document HRIS best practices
- Help create and refine training documents for new hires and current staff
- Conduct exit interviews
- Manage the implementation and execution of employee surveys
- Keep current on HR legal requirements across all geographies and share information appropriately / initiate changes to policy as needed
- Produce HRIS reports as needed
- Partner with accounting team and backup payroll processing functions
- Work with others in the HR department on acquisition/integration project plans and activities
- Take all necessary steps to ensure HR legal compliance and assess HR risks
- Assist with other projects and initiatives
- 4+ years’ experience as a HR Generalist, ideally in a technology-oriented business
- Must have strong HRIS acumen – including workflow set-up, information management, and reporting. Experiences helpful would include HRIS implementation, system conversion, system optimization. Knowledge of Ultimate Software / Ultipro would be ideal.
- Some experience/interest in one or more other HR functions, such as benefits, compensation, employee relations, performance management, compliance.
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and find resolution for not only the short term but looks for ways to prevent them in the longer term
- Bachelors degree required
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities smoothly
- Proficient verbal and written skills; Ability to author clear and comprehensive emails as well as HR communications to all employees
- HR certifications helpful, but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.