Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist is a hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to assigned business units. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all HR related inquiries from the business, including but not limited to, compensation, benefits, HRIS, policies, engagement and recruiting.
- Consults with front line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Partners with entire HR group to manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Interacts with employees in a way that demonstrates customer concerns and problems are heard, builds confidence and trust.
- Conducts new hire orientations, on-boarding all new hires, and entering new hire employment data into the HRIS system.
- Performs administrative tasks such as coordinating the performance review process, maintaining job descriptions, coordinating leave of absence requests, conducting exit interviews, and maintaining employment data in the HRIS system and physical personnel files.
- Any other job duties as assigned
- Customer Service
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Process Orientation
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: Intermediate proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- System Experience: ADP and Workday preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1-3 years of human resource generalist experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
· PHR or SPHR certification
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.