Human Resources Generalist
Summary of the Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to assigned business units. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This is a full time exempt position.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Partners with HR group to manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units.
- Participates in evaluation of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Partners with business unit leaders to develop goals and KPIs.
Competencies of the Human Resources Generalist
- Demonstrate the ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with high volume workload and strong deliverables.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications for the Human Resources Generalist
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of human resource generalist experience
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups
- Experience in a call center environment
- Proficient in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Success in driving effective HR programs
- Master’s Degree in HRM or MBA preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Resume that shows steady progression in HR Management for the last 5+ years.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.