HR & Recruiting Assistant/Specialist
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
You’ll be an addition to our small team of HR professionals (People Team), and help drive our recruiting and HR initiatives in a critical support role. You’ll be an integral player right now as the majority of your role now will be supporting our recruiting efforts during this high growth mode. You’ll also support the day to day HR activities and responsibilities. You have a positive attitude and working in a team is your favorite way to work.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Balance a list of open positions by being the point person to review resumes and screen for open positions.
- Schedule and conduct phone interviews based on the requirements of the job and the needs of the business.
- Keep HRIS and data up to date and report on employee data.
- Review policies, amend for BenchPrep, make recommendations for changes.
- Track and maintain HR metrics and KPIs. Analyze and create reports for various stakeholders.
About the team:
We are a small group of HR professionals focused on recruiting, talent, development and culture. We care about our candidates and our employees above everything else. Our to-do list is always growing so we’re experts in prioritizing what’s most important for our people and for the company.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, communications or a related field.
- Have 0-2 years of professional experience or have had an internship in an HR role, preferably in recruiting.
- Be an expert at the details, coordination, and customer service.
- Ideally, be looking to get into the Recruiting or Human Resources profession.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.