KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) is a global Fortune 700 company headquartered in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Indiana, with 18,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe. Our diverse team helps the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, financial institutions, insurance companies and dealer groups buy, sell and trade used vehicles. Last year we facilitated the sale of more than 5.95 million units valued at over $40 billion through our physical, online, and digital/mobile auction marketplaces.
As a liaison between the business and HR for Data As A Service (DaaS), the HR Manager will be tasked with providing leadership, development and overall management of all HR activities while driving the Company’s culture through the delivery of various HR programs and services. The HR Manager will also assess the needs of the organization and facility the development and delivery of professional development and continuous learning for all employees.
Reports directly to the VP of HR.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Focus on creating an amazing place to work and providing the best possible employee experience.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of all training for staff development and a best-in-class new employee orientation and onboarding program.
- Develop and oversee programs to drive employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Conduct ongoing organizational and employee needs assessments to identify gaps and develop training needed to drive organizational success.
- Drive additional talent management initiatives including, but not limited to performance management, succession planning, talent calibration sessions, etc,
- Oversee the recruitment process by developing staffing strategies and implementing plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility.
- Assist management in planning and implementing staffing, scheduling, and monitoring overall changes in headcount.
- Leverage coaching and counseling skills to help managers and employees handle and resolve employee relation issues.
- Educate employees on company policies; conduct manager and employee training sessions and assist management with implementation and communication of those policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment matters, including wage and hour laws; employee benefits; employee relations; talent acquisition, etc.
- The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the company as needed.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and at least five (5) years of previous Human Resources management level experience.
- Previous experience building and/or enhancing a strong, employee-focused culture in a technology or start-up environment strongly preferred.
- Computer knowledge and skill required including MS Windows, Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, payroll systems, recruiting systems, onboarding systems, learning management system, employee/manager self service, benefit systems, and compensation systems. Prior experience with ADP, Kronos and Taleo preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources administration and excellent interpersonal, human relations skills including confidentiality, ethics/integrity, trust, credibility, objectivity, adaptability, a sense of urgency and loyalty are required.
- Ability to influence and build strong collaborative relationships with business partners through maintaining positive employee relations and morale whenever possible. Practice sound leadership and human relations principles to promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of professionalism, positive attitude and excellent performance.
- Demonstrated active listening skills including giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that essential functions and non-essential functions have been identified. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the associate or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer.
Environmental - Atmospheric Conditions:
Spending entire work periods in an office environment of shared office space or cube setting.