Head of People
After raising over $12M in venture investment, growing our team to over 50 employees and landing some of the world’s most respected brands, The Mom Project is thrilled to begin its search for an exceptional leader to oversee its people organization as we scale the business to its next phase of growth. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be a key member of the team and have significant impact over the company’s people and organizational growth.
Please note, this role will be based in Chicago (sorry, no exceptions)
What you’ll be doing:
● Build and lead people growth at The Mom Project to achieve extraordinary results.
● Own employee relations/engagement; talent acquisition/strategy; internal learning & development; compensation & benefits; diversity, equity & inclusion.
● Work effectively, to advise and influence the CEO and leadership team, ensuring buy-in to key decisions, agreement on strategic direction, and alignment of cross-functional resources and activities.
● Develop talented individuals across the team ranging from entry-level individual contributors to experienced leaders to help them achieve their goals and reach their potential.
● Pipeline and recruit the next generation of contributors and leaders at The Mom Project.
● Play a leading role in deciding how we improve and develop our team culture and better serve our employees in new, valuable and differentiated ways.
● Build and deploy HR operations and processes that drive adoption, ease-of-use and transparency across the team.
● Regularly review and improve our feedback, evaluation, compensation, benefits, and training programs and systems
● Ensure that we listen to employees across our organization and proactively help management be aware of any issues that need to be addressed as we grow
● Ensure that we build and maintain a cohesive culture (including vision, mission & values) that people across all offices (including remote workers) share and identify with
Requirements we won’t budge on:
● Demonstrated track record of helping to develop an HR function that is a mission-critical partner in the success of the business
● Experience successfully scaling a team 100%+ YoY in a hyper-growth environment (VC or Private Equity backed)
● Technical experience designing and building policies, benefits programs, compensation plans, feedback systems, and training programs
● Exceptional business acumen to influence and challenge appropriately - within the business and among HR
● Ability to oversee the employee lifecycle from onboarding through offboarding and ensure all systems supporting this are operating optimally
● Strong bias for action and comfort creating structure in a highly dynamic, ever-changing and fast-moving environment
● Approachable, collaborative, compassionate and engaging leadership and interpersonal communication style
● Track record for holding yourself and team members accountable for results
● Passion for our mission and serving as a key spokesperson for The Mom Project