Employee Experience Director
Solstice is a modern software engineering firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. As instructors and coaches, we help companies transform from the inside out by adopting a high-speed culture of innovation. We’re strategists, researchers, designers and engineers hell-bent on changing the way the world does business. We’re headquartered in Chicago and have delivery offices in New York, London, and Buenos Aires.
Solstice is seeking an HR Director with 10 years+ of generalist experience and a strong focus on total rewards strategy, process and compliance to lead our HR Operations group. You will lead a team of professionals to develop, implement, administer and communicate Compensation and Benefits philosophy and practices, and manage HR Systems. You will collaborate with leads from our People Network to ensure that we provide the best employee experience possible for Solsties.
Here is a snapshot of what you may be doing:
Strategy & Leadership
- Translate strategy into improved functional and operational changes aligned with HR organizational shifts
- Continuously introduce and educate leadership and business stakeholders on new trends to support the overall strategic vision of HR services
- Research market trends and industry best practice to augment functional operating model
Compensation & Benefits
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team, to plan, design, implement, and administer a comprehensive rewards strategy, and programs.
- Develop a compensation philosophy and guidelines, including the design of creative solutions to meet specific compensation related needs
- Lead an analysis for base and variable compensation, job evaluation and other related activities, which may include but are not limited to, market data research, salary survey submissions, executive compensation, compensation guidelines, etc.
- Provide strategic recommendations with regards to benefit management
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefits policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives
HR Operations & Process
- Operate as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions (processes and/or systems) by performing gap analyses
- Support leadership and business stakeholders by assessing their needs and providing recommendations for process improvements or system enhancements; gather feedback on current state and present recommendations for future state; influence and drive change through compelling research, data, and presentations
- Identify and develop process/system controls as we implement a new HRIS, to sustain implemented changes and solutions with HRIS/HR Operations; ensure quality and accuracy of controls in place
- Map and re-engineer HR business processes to ensure that operations and systems are streamlined and user-friendly
- Support change management related to policy and procedure change and implementation. You may help craft and lead internal and external communications, as appropriate.
Legal & Compliance
- Mitigating employer risk through managing employment law compliance, creating and administering tight system controls/processes and assisting with regulatory reporting
- Collaborate with Sister Companies to ensure international employees with expatriate assignments have a best in class experience
- Provide oversight to our mobility and immigration functions. You will collaborate with our Immigration attorney regarding visas and ensure relocations, secondments and other mobility related experiences are seamless and positive for our employees.
- Ensuring pay structures are compliant with federal, state, and local guidelines, including FLSA, exemption classifications for existing and new jobs
What we are looking for in you:
- Are a servant leader with proven experience leading a team. You provide strategy and vision while empowering a highly motivated and driven team
- Have the ability to establish collaborative relationships at all levels to identify needs and deliver solutions that achieve employee, department, and company goals
- Exemplify superior organizational skills and the ability to anticipate needs and proactively act on them, using equanimity and professional judgment in complex situations in a rapidly shifting environment
- Are experienced with successful HRIS implementation and adoption a plus
- A go-getter with ideas and the follow-through to accomplish them from start to finish
- Love of learning and always looking to add to your skill sets
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Bachelor’s Degree required, SPHR Certification a plus