Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
What’s the role?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Benefits Specialist in our Chicago, IL office to join our innovative and passionate team.
- Assists with new-hire benefit orientations.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
- Responsible for maintenance of carrier feeds through Ceridian.
- Set up of Plan Benefits and keep plan eligibilities up to date in Ceridian.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
- Invoicing and self-billing.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Previous working experience as benefits specialist – ideally at least 3 years
- Prior experience in HR operations and knowledge of best practices
- Familiarity with current employment rules and regulations
- Hands on experience with HRIS - Ceridian Dayforce experience is a plus
- Experience handling 401k and FMLA administration
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- College Degree preferred
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.