- OppLoans is a socially-responsible, profitable FinTech company that has grown 2000% over the last 3 years, and is backed by a global investment firm with $100M+ AUMs.
- Recent accolades include being named one of the fastest-growing companies in the USA by Inc. Magazine’s list of 500, 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago, and 6th best company to work for by Glassdoor.
- Customers love our product! We have been widely recognized as having the best customer experience in the industry. See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
- Employees love working here. We have an entrepreneurial and dynamic startup culture that also cares for our employees. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
What you get to do:
The Benefits Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Assists with new-hire orientations and distribution of benefit information.
- Works closely with brokers to determine best plan options for OppLoans.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Responsible for entries to ensure compliance with ACA regulations and conduct detailed research and data analysis on various plan and employee issues.
- Assist with info gathering for annual filings, eligibility determination, compliance testing and other duties related to health and welfare plan administration.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Works closely with the Finance department to provide necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
What you will bring to the table:
- HR expertise paired with solid communication, relationship management skills and an ethical practice.
- The ability to work well with a team, proven aptitude to learn new skills quickly and strong time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
- Two years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Subsidized daily lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
- Free health insurance (base plan)
- Free gym membership
- 401(k) with OppLoans match
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- CTA, Metra, and Divvy benefit program
- Frequent office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, sports leagues, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts, etc.)
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Opportunity to attend conferences and courses to keep your mind sharp
- Equal opportunity employer