222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a full-time Benefits Manager to join our Shared Services function. This is a new role to help us develop and grow our strategic roadmap and create a custom benefits program as part of our Total Rewards package. This person must understand and help us drive our recent conversion to becoming a self-funded insurer or our benefits. The Benefits Manager will support a variety of different areas which can include health and welfare plans, retirement programs, ESOP, wellness initiatives and executive benefit programs. This role must bring a strong knowledge and experience to support a progressive strategy and design for WMP’s benefit programs, with a strong focus on Wellness and Work-Life initiatives as a key component of our employee engagement experience. Must also have a focus on driving savings to our benefits programs.
Responsibilities for this position include:
* Develop and drive a strategic 3 year benefits roadmap
* Drive the benefits committee meetings, research and work with key vendors on benefit programs.
* Assists with the development of the long-term strategy for all company benefit programs to attract and retain a high-performance workforce.
* Work with internal communications and visual design to develops and implements the benefits communication strategy.
* Ensures benefit programs are properly administered and legally compliant.
* Ensure all plans and associated activities are compliant with applicable Federal, State and local laws. Prepare and file required reports.
* Communicates and educates employees on the benefit options to help them make appropriate benefit selections. Improve the education of our benefits program beyond the open enrollment period.
* Maintain benefits documentation on our intranet ensuring that it is up to date and compliant.
* Develop and drive an employee wellness program and work with our insurance broker and Wellness vendor to implement strategies that engage our employees and bring savings to the organization
* Develop new strategies for a self-funded organization. Network to understand best practices in the industry, educate benefits committee on self-funded needs and work with insurance broker to implement
* Ensure compliance with all relevant government regulations including COBRA, ERISA, PPACA, PBGC, FMLA, Disability and HIPAA.
* Research and provide recommendations on benefits enhancements, based on external competitive data, best practices and in support of company strategy.
* Lead the annual open enrollment process
* Work to develop junior team members on benefit education
* Work closely with compensation, total rewards and finance team to create a center of excellence for WMP’s total rewards package
* Monitor industry and external market and provide analysis on the impact of relevant developments in the compensation and benefits areas
* The ideal candidate has a minimum of 8-10 years of benefits experience with a minimum of 3 years supporting a self-funded benefits program
* Prior experience in the consulting industry preferred
* Extensive knowledge of benefits laws and compliance regulations with various benefits programs
* Experience managing outside vendors
* Ability to shape and influence key benefits strategy in support of business needs, while operating in a challenging environment
* Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* The ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with senior management.
* High energy, positive attitude, self-starter, and independent thinker.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills with high degree of EQ.
* Bachelor’s degree.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.