At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Reporting to the CFO, the VP of Tax and Banking Operations will be responsible for managing operational teams performing:
- Money movement (ACH and wire)
- Payroll client employment tax return filings, tax deposits and employment tax notice resolutions for a national employment tax service
- Client payroll tax reconciliations, amendments, and client tax account implementations
- Client credit risk management,
- Banking systems operations
- Banking compliance for a leading SaaS payroll and HCM company.
- The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Successfully lead, coach and develop a growing team of 130+ employees in the tax and banking operations organization
- Develop and execute a strategy and operational plan to scale the tax and banking operations organization to support a $1bn revenue business processing $500bn+ in annual transaction volume
- Ensure the appropriate credit risk management of payroll / HCM clients, and design effective credit risk assessment / risk management process for new payroll/HCM clients
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders in sales and implementation to ensure the successful and programmatic onboarding of new payroll / HCM clients
- Deliver high quality client experience in both implementation and service interaction
- Guide the scaling of banking operations and money movement functions, in compliance with relevant and applicable banking regulations
- Understand employment tax regulations at the federal, state and local levels, and manage a team responsible for payroll tax filings, tax deposits, tax notices, amendments, etc.
- Effectively engage with internal and external technology teams to develop and deploy tech-enabled automated processes, using both internally developed and commercially available banking and payment processing technologies
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all relevant and applicable federal and state statutes
- Effectively quantify and mitigate transaction processing risk through the efficient use of technology, while building both scalable processes and teams
- High level of process focus, and commitment to continuous process improvement in a highly transactional and complex environment that depends on cross-functional collaboration
- Partner with finance and accounting teams to plan for growth
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the company to support the growth and scalability of the business (sales, implementation, support, technology, finance, accounting, legal, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned to support the success of the department and company
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance or related field
- MBA, Master’s Degree in Taxation and/or JD/LLM preferred
- CPA preferred
- 15+ years of increasing responsibility in executive level finance, accounting, tax or related roles
- Experience in payroll, HCM, banking, or payment processing industry preferred
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.