Trucking Consolidation Lead
We are looking for someone to lead our trucking consolidation team. We have a big opportunity to grow Flexport’s LCL and Air businesses by building our own trucking linehaul and consolidation network within North America. In this role, we need a leader who can develop and execute a growth strategy to expand this network, drive the operational excellence and achieve long-term commercial success with this program.
- Interact with trucking consolidation clients (Air, LCL and Operations teams) and develop service offerings that meet their needs
- Work closely with Carrier Management and Procurement teams to ensure we have high quality trucking supply to support our consolidations
- Conduct complex network studies based on volume forecasts, strategic priorities and market trends to develop recommendations on future linehaul lanes
- Develop standardized financial models for opening new consolidation lanes, including costing model for calculating break even points and investment required to start new lanes
- Collaborate closely with local vendors on load planning, optimizing truck utilization, profitability, and innovative process improvements
- Develop Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) and goals on quarterly basis, and monitor the program’s performance against these targets
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Finance, BBA or similar relevant area of study
- 5+ years of prior experience as a in Supply Chain or Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital Research is preferred, OR candidates with Masters in Supply Chain / Industrial Engineering will also be considered
- Experience building complex data models and Macros in Excel is required (SQL knowledge strongly preferred, added experience in Python a plus)
- Experience in market research, building reporting tools and dashboards and working on process improvement and standardization
- Experience working in the Logistics industry or developing strategy for transportation preferred
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution — no job is too big or too small
- Exceptional technical aptitude and strong desire for learning new technologies and solution architectures
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.