Tax Manager-Indirect Taxes
Purpose of Position: The Tax Manager will play a key role in the company's tax process and will have the responsibility of keeping the company informed about new laws related to state & local tax filings, including sales/use tax, income tax and other miscellaneous filings as required. Reporting to the Director of Tax, this individual will be responsible for performing timely tax services including state & local income tax compliance, managing and improving the sales tax reporting process, and assisting the Tax Director with state & local research related to income and sales tax, as well as assistance with state & local sales and income tax audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the sales tax return preparation process and non-income tax returns, including property tax, sales tax, and other non-tax filings.
- Support the Corporate Income Tax Manager by assisting in the preparation of state, and local income tax returns.
- Oversee the sales/use tax, state & local income tax and other miscellaneous tax audits.
- Assist the Tax Director with state & local sales/use and income tax research and other special projects on tax matters that may affect the company's operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; or equivalent work experience, minimum of 7+ years of experience public company tax department, or public accounting firm.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to perform detailed work.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a supervisor.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business issues as they relate to state & local sales, income and other miscellaneous tax areas.
- Experience using tax software accounting systems.
- Proficient computer skills in MS office including Word and Excel.