About The Role
The Staff Accountant supports the flow of daily accounting operations across the organization.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Manage A/R; Invoicing and collections
- Maintain supplier portals, compliance and complete new supplier onboarding information requests
- Manage A/P; Check runs and 1099 reporting
- Bank Deposits
- Expense Reporting
- B/S account reconciliations
- Update and maintain depreciation/amortization schedules and journal entries
- Expense Imaging
- Assist in month-end close
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Corporate Experience Strongly Preferred
- 2+ years of operational accounting experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of financial statements and GAAP
- Trustworthiness and the ability to competently communicate are both extremely important
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time