Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant
As a Staff Accountant at Built In you will have insight into all financial aspects of a very fast paced and growing business. Everyday will be different, including a mix of full-cycle accounting, troubleshooting and completion of special projects. Best of all, you will get to work with and learn from one of the best teams in town (across all departments).
How you’ll contribute
- Reconcile and maintain general ledger accounts
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Prepare customer billing
- Process employee expense reports
- Assist with the monthly close package for the executive team and investors
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit and compliance requests
- Complete administrative related duties as required
- Complete ad-hoc special projects, as needed
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA or CPA in-process
- Minimum of 1 year of public accounting experience
- Solid proficiency in MS Excel (Vlookup and Pivot Tables)
- Working knowledge of financial reporting and technical accounting/finance principles
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrated organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees, management, and customers.
Impress us even more
- GL/Accounting Software experience, Quickbooks Online & Intacct
- Google Sheets
- Salesforce experience
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.