STATS is currently seeking our next Staff Accountant. If you thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, get-it-done environment and want to be a part of one of Chicago's most innovative companies, we want to speak with you!
As a Staff Accountant you'll need familiarity with automated accounting systems, exposure to operational accounting concepts, strong analytical skills and the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision. You'll analyze and research financial information and provide reporting for the management team. Additionally you'll participate in month end close, assist with the annual financial audit, and provide support to other projects when necessary. This position requires excellent people, project management, and accounting skills and a drive to learn every day.
What You'll Do:
- Review and approve vendor invoices, including correspondence with relevant departments
- Record monthly journal entries and analyze operating expense
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts
- Focus on fixed-asset accounting, from capitalization to retirement
- Assist with annual audit and financial statement support
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- 1+ year of accounting experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
Who We Are:
The values at STATS mirror those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want employees that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and others accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.