Staff Accountant I
VelocityEHS is looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, detail oriented team-player who is well organized and has the skills required to assist in all aspects of accounting and finance in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment and have the communication abilities to work across multiple departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General accounting including account reconciliations, journal entries, and invoicing.
- Preparing and reviewing sales orders to ensure revenue recognition is accurate
- Month-end close responsibilities, including cash, Prepaids and various other balance sheet reconciliations
- Seeking ways to improve upon accounting processes and procedures both nationally and internationally
- Assisting with and handling special projects as needed.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in a role that requires substantial multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a deadline driven environment
- Experience with advanced accounting systems (Intacct, Microsoft, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Self-starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven.
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- 2 years or more accounting work experience
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with the accounting system, Intacct
- Currently sitting, or plans to sit, for the CPA exam is a plus
At VelocityEHS (formerly MSDSonline) we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We also have the best office in the city, complete with a rooftop and game room. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Visit our careers page for more information: