Echo Global Logistics, based in Chicago, is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation and supply chain management services. Headquartered in Chicago with more than 30 offices around the country, Echo offers freight brokerage and Managed Transportation solutions for all major modes, including truckload, partial truckload, LTL, intermodal and expedited. Echo maintains a proprietary, web-based technology platform that compiles and analyzes data from its network of over 40,000 transportation providers to serve clients across a wide range of industries and simplify the critical tasks involved in transportation management.
We are seeking an innovative Senior Accountant to fill a new position on our continually growing Accounting & Finance team, based in downtown Chicago. Your main priorities will be to assist in the monthly close and reporting process across all entities as well managing day to day requirements of various responsibility areas within the group. The ideal candidate thrives in both a reporting and operational role as the position will be implementing new processes and proposing solutions to complex accounting issues. Working closely with the Accounting Manager, the Director of Accounting and the Controller, you will develop strategies and methodologies that impact the entire business.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- CPA Required
- 3-4 years of experience in public/corporate accounting
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Communicate effectively with team and others within the organization
- Self-managed and motivated with a strong desire to succeed and achieve goals
- Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Solid written and oral communication skills
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement Potential
- Volunteer opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.