Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Let’s get to business. Avant is looking for an individual to lead our Servicing & Collections Group as part of the Operations Strategy Team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Operations Strategy, the Director of Servicing & Collections will play a critical role in the overall success of Customer Service, Collections, and Recoveries performance for both Avant and its Partner base. The position will serve as a key business partner to members of Risk, Product, Finance, and Technology to drive operational excellence in support of all strategic and financial objectives. If you’re a highly motivated, analytical, process driven, results-oriented leader who excels in an environment that requires heavy cross-functional collaboration, we’d love to meet you!
What you do at Avant:
- Responsible for managing the operations strategy to ensure effective execution, system(s) stability, and indirect oversight of all customer facing operations both internal and external
- Collaborate with senior leaders in the Risk, Product, and Finance teams in creation and execution of pre and post-charge off collections and recoveries strategies
- Identify and recommend advancements to all collections / recoveries specific platforms, systems, and tools to support operational effectiveness, improved customer experience, and to remain at the forefront of technology in the collections space
- Partner with the front-line Operations team(s) on an ongoing basis to develop best practices and to ensure alignment across the global network
- Measure and report on key performance metrics and identify areas of opportunity to achieve goals highlighted in a balanced scorecard
- Provide strong leadership and oversight to a team of Managers, Associates, and Analysts in a constantly evolving and increasingly complex business environment
- Ensures compliance with all Federal and State regulations as it pertains to general Collections activity
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Minimum 7+ years of direct work experience in a Collections and Operations environment; Minimum 3+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Experience working with operations technology, implementations, and conversions; Direct knowledge of collections and communication technology preferred
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills; Capable of working with large data sets and delivering actionable insights and process oriented improvements
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to build both internal and external relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA a plus
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.