Senior Global Accountant
The Marketing Store is a global Customer Engagement Agency that believes closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration create better, more effective work. With a network of offices across North America, Europe and Asia, it’s our goal to bring people and brands closer together. Through this dedication to getting closer, greater potential is released. To see how, please visit tmsw.com.
We are looking for a Senior Global Accountant whose responsibility is to provide day to day accounting support to the Global Finance department. The Senior Global Accountant, reporting to the Global Controller, works independently and self analyzes their data and reports. The Senior Global Accountant works to identify issues, develops POVs, and offers ideas that can drive results to meet and/or exceed targets and to create efficiencies.
This position interacts with and builds relationships with Finance Directors and Controllers across regions and other members of the Global Finance department. This position is ideal for a candidate looking to gain experience working for a global company and exposure to finance.
- Responsible for Global Management’s month end close process and ensuring that financial results are consistent between our ERP system (NetSuite) and reporting system (Hyperion).
- Preparing various monthly journal entries and closely monitoring the department’s ledger, ensuring conformance to the company’s accounting policy and US GAAP.
- Reviewing intercompany reconciliations from our parent company (Havi) and following up with the appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies.
- Preparing monthly cost variance analysis for Global Management against their annual budget, quarterly forecast, and prior year actuals.
- Preparing quarterly variance analysis to understand trends for both our supporting functions and charitable contributions made company-wide.
- Leading the quarterly review of balance sheet reconciliations for all regions, which includes meeting coordination, preparing review materials and facilitating resolution of open items.
- Preparing consolidated 10-day and 6-month cash flow forecasts for the US business.
- Preparing annual budget and quarterly forecasts for the Global Management departments.
- Supporting regions that encounter issues that may arise during month end submission of actuals.
- Assisting with tax related deliverables requested by Havi as well as ad hoc requests
- Coordinating and aiding the Company’s auditors (PwC) with year-end field work
- Developing and implementing accounting techniques by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Assist with the implementation of accounting guidance as applicable to the Company
- Participating in ad hoc special projects as required, and other tasks as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience required including experience with a Big Four accounting firm or a large regional CPA firm
- Ability to interpret, apply, and communicate accounting guidance required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and working with large data files required
- NetSuite and Open Air experience (or acute understanding of ERP systems) a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of people required
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; must be a self-starter
The Marketing Store, provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.