Purpose of Position: The Sr. Financial Analyst- SEC Reporting is responsible for the financial reporting function including a key role in assisting with the preparation of FTD's 10-Qs and 10-Ks. This role is also responsible for portions of the monthly close, reporting, financial controls, and responding to audit requests. This role works closely with other corporate and divisional finance personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing significant portions of FTD's 10-Q and 10-K SEC filings, assisting with drafting the MD&A, and the basic preparation and review of XBRL. All filings are prepared and filed using Workiva (Wdesk).
- Responsible for certain monthly financial close and consolidation activities including, but not limited to the review and preparation of month-end accounting reports (including financial statements), journal entries, accruals, variance analyses, cost center reviews, and account reconciliations.
- Research as needed accounting guidance and recent pronouncements that may have an impact on the financial reporting of the company. Possess the ability to understand and communicate with staff and management the implications of the applicable accounting guidance.
- Assist management with technical accounting issues and related documentation
- Ensure strict adherence to internal controls and, on an ongoing basis, review such controls for potential improvements. Bring any issues to the attention of your manager.
- Advise management of financial and operational risks that you become aware of in your work.
- Maintain strict integrity on all occasions without any compromise in all that you do.
- Work with external and internal auditors and ensure all audit requests are completed accurately and timely.
- Identify and bring to the attention of your manager all potential process and procedural improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA in accountancy or finance
- 3+ years of SEC reporting experience in a public accounting or corporate environment
- 4+ total years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning or analytical projects in a medium or large size company.
- Big 4 public accounting experience a plus
- PC literacy required; including Intermediate level Excel proficiency. Workiva (Wdesk) experience preferred. TM1 and JDE familiarity desirable.
- Must be an outstanding communicator with the poise and presence to interact with a diverse group of constituents in a challenging matrix management environment.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and have the confidence to challenge the status quo in various situations.
- Must have strong initiative, follow-through, attention to detail, and ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.