Senior Director, Technical Accounting & Reporting
- Accountability for all aspects of SEC filings, monthly executive financial package, technical accounting research and implementation of the new guidance
- Responsible for all aspects of the technical accounting matter, including EPS calculation, implementation of new accounting guidance (e.g., ASC606, ASC 842, etc.)and preparation of the technical accounting memo
- Be a point of contact for external auditors on the SEC reporting and technical accounting matters
- Provide guidance on accounting interpretation and prepare or review memos on US GAAP matters to the cross functional team.
- Responsible for appropriate documentation of accounting treatment of complex and highly judgmental areas, including analysis, relevant literature and conclusions.
- Build strong partnerships with FP&A, a 3rd party tax firm, and business unit leaders in monitoring operations and reporting of key accounting areas: revenue recognition, contra revenue, lease accounting, internal use software, intangible, SBC, and etc.
- Develop framework of company accounting policy and draft accounting / finance policies and other related authorization matrix.
- Work with Legal department and review all significant contracts in advance so that you can provide accounting guidance prior to execution of significant contracts.
- Work with business unit leaders across the company to implement/adopt accounting guidance implement, update and monitor policies.
- Contribute to develop cross functional processes/and or structures that improve the efficiency and timeliness of financial reporting within the organization.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert to educate accounting / finance personnel and business partners across the Company to develop technical accounting awareness and talent pipeline.
- Lead an effort to adopt ASC 606
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 15+ years of professional accounting experience in a global technology public company environment with varied financial reporting, accounting and business management practices.
- Experience with public company filings process, SEC document writing and XBRL tagging process is required.
- Strong experience in technical accounting, writing position papers and leading a technical team.
- Broad experience and knowledge of US GAAP with technical accounting experience related to revenue recognition rules (ASC 606 and 842) and share based compensation (ASC 718).
- Oracle R12 / Workiva experience is preferred
- Mergers and Acquisitions
How to really knock our socks off:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to work in a fast paced, complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to quickly synthesize data and provide recommendations. Perform well under pressure.
- Proven ability to think strategically and plan effectively: be “hands on”, detail and results oriented, and manage multiple tasks against tight deadlines.
- Must be successful in driving change management, while getting buy-in from key stakeholders. Flexible approach to complex transactions.
- Demonstrated success in assessing process requirements, process development implementation and maintenance. Deploys project best practices, policies and procedures.