Senior Director, Solution Consulting - Finance
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a motivated thought leader at ServiceNow to help build our practice of Solution Consultants with a focus on finance service management. This leader must be a driver who has an amazing opportunity to work as a trusted advisor to both the solution consulting and sales organizations, as well as, with our Product team. Your influence can have a far ranging impact. This is not the kind of opportunity that presents itself very often.
ServiceNow for Finance is focused on the way work is done throughout the Office of the CFO. Legacy systems don’t allow for data to be structured and in return, task & workflow management is not optimized. We can change this! Our goal is to help our customers unlock value through process automation. Employee productivity and satisfaction will rise – all while lowering risk.
As a thought leader of our pre-sales team you will have a major impact on our future success. While customers have extended ServiceNow to support their external customers for years, this is a relatively new and exciting product focus for ServiceNow. Members of this team will have an opportunity to grow this business from the ground floor, along with support from the business unit, executive team, and sales. Individuals applying for this role must be entrepreneurial and self-driven with a passion for breaking into markets and creating something new they can be proud of.
As the Senior Director of Solution Consulting, Finance, you will be responsible for helping to develop our go-to-market strategy and supporting strategic sales opportunities. You will share your knowledge and expertise to help prepare other solution consultants for their opportunities and communicate customer feedback to the product development teams.
What you get to do in this role:
- Practice strategy and thought leadership for the Finance solution
- Responsible for growing and enabling team of high powered, global financial service management pre-sales solution consultants
- Drive development of re-usable Finance solutions, enablement kits and other sales assets within the practice team
- Define programs for enabling the core product sales and solution consulting teams to drive Finance sales, adoption and value proposition
- Create metrics and measure effectiveness of practice offerings
- Collaborate with product management and development teams to ensure technology readiness for multiple application releases a year
- Establish and maintain relationship with key sales leaders to pursue ServiceNow Finance opportunities
- Partner with product management & development on Finance solution use cases based on customer feedback
- Work collaboratively in the field with ServiceNow professional services and partners
- Help develop and contribute to sales campaigns focused on Finance Service Management
- Office of SC Excellence
- Product Management
- Product Development
- Sales leadership
- Solution Consulting leadership
- Professional Services and Partners
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Extensive Pre-sales solution consulting, sales engineering or professional services leadership experience in the Finance software industry
- Strong people management abilities with the charisma to inspire and lead
- Proven pre-sales skills, including the ability to customize solutions, facilitate product demonstrations and effectively communicate ServiceNow value proposition and key differentiators to prospects
- Experience communicating with both business and technical stakeholders at all levels
- Proficiency with the ServiceNow Platform or who exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology
- Experience working collaboratively with product management, product marketing and product development
- A passion evangelizing our capabilities and success on social media and the ServiceNow Community website
- A self-starter who will take the initiative to develop programs for enablement and growth
- A high degree of passion, energy, drive and willingness to travel
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.