Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
About the Role:
The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable for the company. This individual will also develop, evaluate, and update processes and standard operating procedures. Additionally, the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will provide task prioritization, training, and work leadership to current Accounts Payable Specialists.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure proper approval and accuracy in processing all Accounts Payable
- Perform key entry for all payable invoices in Oracle software
- Perform 2-3 way match to PO and processes wire, check and ACH invoices for payments
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned, participating in the month end close process, accruals, audits of various invoices that feed in to Oracle from other systems as it relates to commissions, refunds, fund raisers, travel expense reports (T&E) and the preparation and distribution of supplier 1099's.
- Document and maintain processes and procedures of current and future mode of operation
- Ensure content of processes and procedures best meet the Accounts Payable needs using several items as a guide including best use corporate resources, most efficient process, and most cost-effective
- Periodically review and update processes and SOP's.
- Research and troubleshoot supplier discrepancies, open PO's and Un-invoiced Receipts
- Assist with task prioritization, orientation training, and work leadership to A/P Specialists
- Assist with development of training materials for A/P, resolve issues escalated and refers more sensitive issues to Manager as needed
What Skills You'll Need:
- HS diploma plus 4 years in a business environment (including 1-2 years A/P experience) or Associates degree
- Oracle experience a plus
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Math aptitude
- Ability to work under strict deadline conditions with a high level of detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Capability to perform in a fast-paced environment
About Pampered Chef:
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.