Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As a Senior Accountant at GTI, you will be responsible for supporting Accounting operations on our Finance team. There are complexities to reviewing the P&L and Balance Sheet for our markets and it’s imperative that you understand all components from start to finish. This is no ordinary environment, you are an intrapreneur and will flex your accounting muscle to help scale our growing business. Negative attitudes are not tolerated here at GTI. Bring your moxie and let's make it happen.
- Oversee the financials for up to two market operations including cultivation, dispensary and wholesale
- Support all functions of the Finance team including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, billing, journal entries, check runs, reconciliations, month-end close, cash management and reporting
- Performs period-end financial close responsibilities. Prepares data for financial statements, data for quarterly and annual regulatory filings using applicable systems
- Duties include preparing journal entries and coding invoices/vouchers
- Performs reconciliations for area supported and analyzes resulting variances. Proposes and prepares any adjusting entries necessary resulting from reconciliations
- Supports internal customers by researching questions and investigating variances on the financial statements
- Partner with senior Accounting and Finance team members with special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field, Master’s Degree or CPA certification, preferred
- Minimum 5 years of accounting with 3+ years experience in public
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description