Senior Accountant - Accounting Shared Services
Responsible for maintaining general ledger accounts and performing other accounting related activities. Prepares necessary information for financial and/or management reporting. Performs complex analysis of financial and management reports to identifying trends and variances. May perform advanced level accounting tasks.
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze complex financial information and prepare financial reports. Adheres to and communicates accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Analyzes accounts, records, and reports. Investigates and resolves any accounting issues within area of responsibility. Maintains general ledger accounts. Monitors accounts payables and receivables.
- May perform monthly accounting for the Company’s equity method investments.
- Performs period-end financial close responsibilities. Prepares data for financial statements, data for quarterly and annual regulatory filings using applicable systems. Duties may include preparing journal entries and coding invoices/vouchers.
- Performs complex reconciliations for area supported and analyzes resulting variances. Proposes and prepares any adjusting entries necessary resulting from reconciliations.
- Researches complex questions and investigates variances on the financial statements. Communicates findings to management.
- Recommends and reviews proposed process improvements. Explores the modification and implementation of changes in systems and procedures.
- Prepares complex reports in support of internal and external audits.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or auditing OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or auditing.
- At least 2 years of experience with applicable accounting regulations.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes.
- Master’s degree in Accountancy or MBA
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or auditing OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in an analytical role in accounting, finance, business management or auditing.
- CPA designation.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).