Revenue Accounting Manager
This position reports to the Controller and is responsible for ensuring the Company’s global compliance with US GAAP revenue recognition guidance. The role will work collaboratively with various departments to ensure appropriate accounting for revenue, assist in assessing revenue impact on potential deals, perform contract evaluation in accordance with our internal controls and also perform other ad-hoc analysis as requested by senior management.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Establish and maintain financial accounting policies, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting and control principles in a SOX-compliant environment
- Analyze and document contractual terms and applicable technical accounting standards for significant/unusual transactions, including customer contracts and those obtained in business combinations
- Lead accounting research and implementation of revenue accounting standards, and apply such standards to new products, services, and deal structures
- Contribute to internal and external audit preparation on a quarterly and annual basis by coordinating audit-related revenue recognition matters and providing requested documentation and analysis
- Review monthly revenue recognition analysis and reconciliations of revenue and deferred revenue and other internal reporting metrics
- Participate in monthly accounting close for general ledger functions, including reviewing closing entries, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Provide training and guidance to team members within Finance and internal business partners as it relates to revenue recognition
- Align the Finance organization with numerous departments, including for example Sales, Legal, Tax, and Operations in order to ensure success of initiatives.
- Manages a team of professionals that includes their coaching, development and performance management
- 5+ years’ experience in related role. Software industry experience required - strong understanding of software revenue recognition accounting standards is essential
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field required. CPA required.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of software revenue recognition and multiple element arrangements, including ASC 606 required
- Experience working in a top tier public accounting firm and a public company preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solver.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and collaborate well with internal teams.
- Strong interest and experience working with technology, including new software tools and systems implementations; familiarity with Workday and Salesforce preferred.
OneSpan offers the best of both worlds – a solid foundation that only an established global enterprise can provide, with the energy and creativity of an innovative start-up. In every role at OneSpan, you’ll contribute to the success of the most advanced security and e-signature technologies, and have opportunities to grow. You’ll continue your hands-on education through formal training and informal programs.