Are you self-motivated, detailed-oriented and impatient for results? Do you work best in a fast paced, growing, and changing environment? We are looking for a sharp and driven Revenue Accountant who has a passion for technology and working with people to solve problems.
The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for financial aspects of the company. The primary responsibility involves monitoring accounts payable and receivable. The Revenue Accountant’s role is to ensure all monthly transactions are accurately recorded, prepare monthly financial statements, and participate in monthly, quarterly, and yearly close activities. This person will report to the Controller and will need to interpret, present, and explain complex accounting issues to the Senior Leadership Team along with external auditors.
What It Takes:
- Relentless pursuit of excellence
- Attention to detail
- Quick thinking
- Strong initiative, drive and self-direction
- Being comfortable in a fast-moving and quickly-changing environment
- Partnering with others to accomplish goals
- Strong integrity in work and in interpersonal communication
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Maintain financial accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting principles.
- Responsible for all customer billing, revenue recognition schedules, and billing schedules utilizing SFDC and NetSuite.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations for A/R and deferred revenue.
- Responsible for services % complete billing and revenue recognition.
- Identify and help implement process improvements to the revenue recognition process.
- Assist with financial audits including reconciliations, support documentation, and communication with external auditors.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, yearly close activities, including preparation of revenue and deferred revenue related journal entries and applicable reconciliations.
- Prepare whitepapers for upcoming accounting pronouncements and their impact to our financials.
- Manage and resolve complex accounting issues.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements and automation.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting 3-5+ years of Accounting or related experience
- Experience with NetSuite for 3-5+ years
- Familiarity with SFDC integrations to NetSuite
- CPA and/or CGMA designations a plus
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills in MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of ASC 606 (revenue recognition) and ASC 842 (leasing standard)
- Ability to research and document technical accounting matters
- Experience managing month-end closing and financial statement preparation
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential material
Who We Are:
Litera Microsystems is the leading provider of software for drafting, proofreading, comparing, repairing and cleaning documents in the legal and life sciences industries worldwide. Our core products empower users to generate, review, and distribute high-quality content quickly and securely, from any device. Today, Litera Microsystems supports thousands of document-intensive organizations across the globe, helping them satisfy the complex demands of clients and regulators.