Real Estate Transaction Manager
- Job Description:
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowners with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
What's the Role?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Real Estate Transaction Manager to join our innovative and passionate team. The Real Estate Transaction Manager will be responsible for executing real estate transactions on behalf of Guaranteed Rate, it’s subsidiaries and joint ventures as a member of the Real Estate team responsible for over a combined 600 leased office locations.
- Manage and negotiate real estate transactions on behalf of company including but not limited to market research, site selection, LOI/lease terms, renewals and amendments
- Deliver real estate services to in house clients with focus on effective transaction management, communication with stakeholders and facilitating team workflow for projects
- Work closely with internal departments such as Construction/Design, Workplace Services, Finance/Accounting, Legal, Licensing/Compliance to facilitate real estate activities
- Suggest and implement best practices for transaction process
- Collaborate with sales managers and other stakeholders to deliver real estate projects in a manner consistent with company goals/strategies
- Provide high level of service to internal clients and colleagues
- Two (2) years relevant work experience with commercial real estate transactions. Experience in an internal corporate real estate environment a plus
- Strong familiarity and understanding of commercial lease terms, lease language and practices
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Strong organization and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Detail oriented with strong ability to multitask while demonstrating a sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Experience with the following tools a plus: CoStar, Lease Harbor Apex, Asana
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.