Quantitative Trader - Experienced
Do you love puzzles, predictions, and problem solving? Are you passionate about trading and the markets and always hungry to learn and find out the why? Optiver is seeking Quantitative Traders to spend their days looking for patterns and identifying trading opportunities by logically forecasting the financial market’s next move.
The markets are forever changing; what worked yesterday may not work again today. At Optiver, we value our employees viewpoints and encourage an innovative mindset. You will constantly be looking for new and creative solutions to take your team’s trading strategies to the next level. It is up to you and your team to develop algorithms and use our custom built software to adjust prices, monitor positions, and make trades.
We are looking for candidates with 1-5 years' experience in the trading industry. Depending on your experience, Optiver provides a customized comprehensive training on everything you need to know to be successful - the theory, markets, strategies, and technology. You will experience a continuous learning curve that will challenge and develop you. From your first day, you will be given responsibility to make decisions that have an immediate impact.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative or technical field
- 1-5 years’ of successful trading experience in a similar environment required
- Superior quantitative and logical reasoning skills
- Index and/or commodities options trading background or knowledge highly preferred
- Interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- Experience with programming or scripting a plus (Python, Excel VBA, SQL, R)
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.