Want to use your analytical skills to help optimize our procurement efforts globally?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon Procurement builds partnerships between stakeholders and strategic vendors across all company spend. We take a multi-disciplinary approach to procurement, combining spend category expertise, industry knowledge, and financial acumen. We have a front row seat to identify upcoming opportunities and challenges for Groupon. We develop our team's skills and capabilities to optimize for these market changes, in consultation with company senior leaders.
We are searching for a tenacious, analytical, and strategic Procurement Analyst to join our team. You will be responsible for supporting indirect sourcing efforts across all departments as well as leading procurement processes in our P2P system, ticketing solution, and P-card system. This role will assist the Senior Manager of Procurement Operations in supporting our Category Manager colleagues by routing and reviewing procurement contracts, performing financial analysis, assisting with partner and supplier management, and continuously improving upon processes and systems.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will provide administrative support for Groupon's purchasing, sourcing, and contracting system: Coupa
- You will support internal partners with purchasing, contracting, and purchasing cards
- You will maintain accuracy and completeness of our contract database
- Analyze and review financial data to build actionable reporting in Google docs, Excel. and Powerpoint
- Oversee procurement operations-led initiatives; document and followup on meeting action items
- Conduct research to assess how market conditions could holistically affect the organization
- Communicate to stakeholders, customers, and project teams on progress, barriers, results, and new opportunities
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, ethical practices, and adherence to relevant laws and regulations
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management, Supply Chain Management; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in procurement, buying, or procurement, preferably at a global, matrixed environment
- You have a deep understanding of vendor management, commercial finance and accounting
- Advanced experience with standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- You’re familiar with engineering, data centers, e-commerce technology, and SaaS providers
- You’re a critical thinker regarding business challenges while simultaneously absorbing new knowledge and information
- You have contagious energy and a passion for results and love getting into the details
- High-impact personality: energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative
- You are unpretentious and prefer to take a hands-on approach to work
- You thrive in a dynamic startup environment and can navigate the ambiguities that come with it
- Bonus points for familiarity with e-commerce or retail environments
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.