About the HR Team
As a People Team at Trunk Club, we espouse and encourage innovation, adaptability, accountability, knowledge, and collaboration in each other and in everything we do. We encompass a dynamic group of individuals dedicated to an amazing employee experience and a deep sense of teamwork.
About the Role
The TC HR team is looking for a dynamic Payroll Specialist. This person will be a integral member of the HR Specialist Team and a crucial partner to the business in all activities and projects related to payroll processing and time-tracking for Trunk Club’s 1,000+ employees. This is an opportunity to work with a small, collaborative team at a quickly growing company.
What You’d Be Working On Everyday
- Process semi-monthly and weekly payrolls which include verifying hours, calculating overtime & retro pay, processing benefit deductions/contributions, bonus payouts, and other payments
- Investigate and resolve all payroll discrepancies in a timely and accurate fashion
- Oversee quarterly/year-end reconciliation and reporting for all regions
- Ensure new jurisdictions are established in a timely manner
- Maintain and proactively update payroll and benefits procedures and documentation
- Maintain time-keeping system
- Partner with Accounting on reporting, commission & bonus payouts, & reconciliations
- Produce and manage recurring and ad-hoc reporting needs of department and company leadership
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc audit, ad hoc admin, annual projects and other duties as assigned
What Your Background Might Look Like
- 1-2 years of specialized multi-state Payroll/Compliance experience required.
- Experience in dealing with variable pay
- Proven troubleshooter with excellent decision quality
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Excel required (Vlookup/Indexmatch, Pivot tables, shortcuts, etc.).
- An analytical mindset with high attention to detail is critical.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload, multi-task, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of deadlines while also maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Business or related field preferred.
How we work
- With others. You will be partnering closely with our Payroll Analyst and HR Specialist team in day-to-day payroll administration, compliance, and future implementations surrounding our HR systems and policies.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!