Manager, IT Finance
Purpose of Position:
The Manager, IT Finance provides financial support for all aspects of the IT organization including budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting, contract reviews, capital expenditure project justification and analysis, management of approval processes, capitalization analyses, project cost tracking, analysis of significant categories of spend. The IT department is transforming in support of a major strategic transformation across the company's businesses. As such, IT needs help managing large operational and capital expenditures. It's an exciting transformation but requires a dedicated infusion of financial discipline! This is a key financial partnership role and you will work closely with all levels of the organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary financial and accounting resource for the IT organization.
- Work closely with Accounting team to ensure all costs are appropriately accounted for in the proper periods and that budgets/forecasts reflect management's current plans.
- Review and approval of all capitalized time for software development projects in accordance with GAAP requirements. Work closely with time system administrator regarding requirements and any proposed system, timing or procedural changes--help optimize the best approach to satisfy all financial requirements while also enabling engineering.
- Review all IT contracts and capital expenditure requests from accounting, budgetary and financial returns perspectives. Seek guidance from the Corporate Accounting/Finance team as needed for new or unusual situations.
- Assist with analysis and preparation of capital expenditure requests to ensure that all components of the project are appropriately addressed and that the justification for the project is well articulated.
- Responsible for tracking of actual and budgeted/forecasted spend for cap ex projects, challenging assumptions and helping to shepherd review and approval by the appropriate levels of management. Be the "go to" person for queries into actuals across different functions and initiatives.
- Assist as needed with negotiation of contracts to help obtain the best outcome for FTD.
- Identify and implement improvements in reporting to enable tracking and analysis of significant categories of spend.
- Work closely with IT leadership and HR to track headcount, open requisitions and contractors to ensure personnel-related costs are closely managed.
- Maintain a strong working relationship and regular communication with the IT and Corporate and Divisional Finance teams.
- Ensure that internal control procedures are appropriately followed and identify and recommend changes as needed to improve controls and/or adapt as business processes change.
- Review work flows and drive continuous process improvements. Act as a change agent to increase operational effectiveness.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 6+ years' experience in Accounting/Finance, including at least 3 years in one or more business support roles (IT support experience preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or in Finance with demonstrated accounting expertise
- Experience in a highly transactional, agile/product management based technology company preferred
- Solid organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound business acumen, judgment and the initiative and drive to get the job done
- Fast learner, interesting in learning new businesses and technology drivers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with executive management and all levels of the organization across functional areas
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach
- Self-starter, able to work effectively under pressure and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Results-oriented, able to resolve issues independently while also knowing when to ask for help