Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 2,000 restaurants, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Fooda operates in 20 major US cities and plans to continue its expansion across the United States and internationally. Eight out of ten employees believe Fooda is one of their company’s top perks.
Who We Are Looking For:
Fooda’s finance and accounting team is growing with the addition of a Manager, FP&A to assist the Company and CFO with finance initiatives to support ambitious Company growth.
The Finance/FP&A team manages the reporting rhythm – from daily to quarterly – as well as the forecasting process. They help accelerate business growth through identification of levers and bottlenecks to leadership all within the framework of an ever-changing landscape.
You are responsible for supporting the CFO and leading Finance project initiatives. Your focus is on optimizing Finance’s support of the business through providing reporting and value-added insights including partner with cross-functional teams to assist in budgeting, forecasting and providing analytical and reporting support for the Fooda markets and departments.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and has one direct report (Senior Financial Analyst).
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building, maintaining and tracking budgets and forecasts including reporting and explaining material variances versus actual results
- Leading the monthly, quarterly and yearly budgeting process for the markets and corporate departments
- Providing analysis and insights into variances between actual and expected financial results
- Participating in short and long-term financial planning including financial modeling
- Maintaining and tracking operating and business metrics including opex and headcount tracking
- Building financial models for new business concepts
- Developing scalable and efficient financial processes that support a rapidly growing business
- Leveraging NetSuite and Tableau to develop standardized and ad-hoc reporting for the Executive Team and Market Leadership to support respective initiatives
- Researching, identifying and implementing an FP&A software solution
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. The candidate must have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies while dealing with big data. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be able to work with business customers to understand the requirements and implement financial solutions.
This role requires a self-starter with solid business modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and good track record of influencing decisions. This role also has regular interaction with all markets and departments across Fooda and requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Who You Are and What You Should Already Have:
- Business Acumen
- Knowledgeable of functional elements which are important for business profitability in order to influence, drive and positively impact business results
- Technical Skills
- High level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office Applications and solid financial knowledge base required
- Proficient with financial modeling and FP&A software tools
- Experience with Tableau and NetSuite is a plus
- Project Management Skills
- Organized with a superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable with tight deadlines, high tolerance for ambiguity and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Communication Skills
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Ability to speak and write concisely and effectively in a timely manner
- Strong communicator who can explain complex concepts to non-financial audiences
- Reasoning Skills
- Problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills are key personal attributes
- Integrity and Credibility
- The successful candidate will have a reputation for integrity, initiative, perseverance, assertiveness, success and confidence
- Ability to quickly build credibility and trust with internal customers
- Work Ethic, Attitude and Ambition
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset with the courage to propose new ideas in a high growth environment
- Positive attitude – startups and growth stage companies are a rollercoaster and a great outlook is paramount
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious, not afraid to seek out projects independently and demonstrates work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant experience including an FP&A role in consulting, banking, technology, etc.
- Experience in investment banking, professional services or consulting is a plus
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k retirement plan with Company match
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-issued laptop
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Travel is generally not required, but may at times be necessary
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.