Manager, Financial Reporting
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 11 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 72 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 600 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As the Manager, Financial Reporting at GTI, you will be responsible for leading GTI’s financial reporting process, as well as reviewing and preparing internal and external financial statements. GTI is a fast-growing, publicly traded company, and in this role you’ll be responsible for leading GTI’s technical accounting functionality, owning internal and investor reporting, guiding our purchase accounting practices, and acting as a point of contact for external auditors.
We move fast here, and the industry moves even faster – you need to have the flexibility to be strategic, while also willing to roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds day-to-day.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, including elimination of intercompany balances and transactions
- Manage the preparation and distribution of financial statements and reports in partnership with GTI’s key stakeholders
- Research and resolve day-to-day financial reporting issues, and assist with the resolution of significant, complex, and/or unusual transactions to ensure proper application of IFRS and CSE reporting requirements
- Provide insightful financial analysis including explanations of variances between actual and budget/prior period results and present findings to senior management
- Understand the GTI post-merger integration strategy for acquired operations.
- Perform business combination accounting
- Lead the preparation of periodic filing for quarterly and annual CSE requirements, registration statements and standalone financial statements
- Work closely with the GTI external auditors, and provide necessary materials and reporting as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience from Big 4 or similar. Public experience and in-house experience is preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills in GAAP, IFRS, and public company reporting requirements
- A love and passion for excel, databases, spreadsheets and other data sources
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Solutions oriented. You know how to make critical decisions in the moment.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work additional hours to meet periodic workload peaks and complete assignments in accordance with established deadlines
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description