Manager, Accounting (GA)
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Accounting Manager will play a critical role in the growth of our Accounting & Finance department. You will be a key individual to drive the accounting function in support of our growing organization. You will be responsible for supporting the management and oversight of the daily operations of the team, as well as, ensuring the internal control framework and accounting work flow is followed for strong GAAP accounting. You possess strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges. Most importantly, you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
- Supports the management and oversight of the daily operation of the accounting department
- Manages the teams’ general accounting activities, including recording company transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with GAAP and company policy
- Implements new accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated appropriately
- Prepares and reviews financial statements
- Documents standard operating procedures
- Reviews payables and receivables for completeness and accuracy
- Communicates to vendors and customers with respect to status of payables, overdue balances, etc.
- Responds to one-time and ongoing due diligence requests from financial institutions, state regulators, etc.
- Reviews and processes employee expense reports
- Supervises physical inventories at operational facilities
- Supports external audit and review process
- Maintains intercompany ledgers and ensures intercompany payables/receivables are in balance
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees through orientation, training, goal setting and communication while ensuring team engagement and morale
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7 years of experience working in an accounting role preferably with direct reports
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- CPA certification is a plus
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- High attention to detail and accuracy - in fact, please include "I am the cannabest Accounting Manager" in your cover letter.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description