222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is looking for a junior accountant with a strong accounts payable background to join our accounting team. Position will consist of full function accounts payable processing, as well as ad-hoc financial analyses and projects.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
* Processing vendor invoices daily
* Processing weekly payment check runs
* Reviewing email to the accounts payable team daily for invoice submission, approval, follow up requests
* Processing credit card payments
* Processing client electronic, check, and cash deposits
* Reviewing and approving bi-monthly employee expense reimbursements with accurate coding
* Work closely with the Finance team on implementing improvements in accounts payable systems, policies and processes
* Support for data requests for the financial audit process
* Support for process improvements for Finance team
* Ad-hoc financial analysis for use by management in decision making
* Minimum two years of experience in Accounts Payable
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred
* Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
* Strong self motivated individual
* Experience in fast paced and high volume payables environment
* Accuracy and Attention to Detail
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with senior management and vendors
* Ability to adapt to changes in environment
* Demonstrated computer skills, with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Knowledge of Great Plains is a plus
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.