IT Security & Compliance Auditor
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You'll Do:
The IT Security & Compliance Auditor is responsible the overall risk and compliance auditing activities to ensure compliance of standard operating procedures, corporate policies, industry standards, and applicable federal and state laws for Uptake. Conducts audit activities, filing and review of audit reports. Works on compliance work plans, staff education, internal and external audits and reviews, and provides assurance that the organization is operating in an effective manner.
Some of the things you may find yourself doing:
- Managing compliance audit and monitoring activities pertaining to risk & compliance and coordinates with the Uptake Information Security team as it relates to such audits.
- Oversees external audits and reviews, which are initiated by external 3rd party organizations
- Works on the compliance work plan, risk assessments, and management reports.
- Conducts follow-up audits of process improvement and remediation changes to ensure compliance with Uptakes policies and external requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion regarding all work matters
- 3-5+ years of experience in Security & Compliance Auditing
- 2+ years of experience managing security certification, assessment and/or controls improvement efforts
- 1+ year of agile experience
- Skills related to information security
- ISO 27001/2 experience preferred
- Knowledge security and compliance standards such as HIPAA, NIST, PCI DSS, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and expert team player with demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships
- Ability to effectively execute and drive cross functional teams in a fast paced startup environment
- University/College Degree
Nice to Have’s:
- CISSP, CISA, CISM or other security certification preferred
- Active member of the information security community
- Be a bad ass in all that you do
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process