Head of Finance
Head of Finance
What’s the most impressive thing you’ve ever built? Are you proud of it? Are you ready to feel that feeling every day working at Cameo? Perfect, you’re exactly who we’re looking for.
Cameo creates moments that inspire (www.cameo.com). We’re the platform where you can get Vicki Gunvalson from the Real Housewives to wish your friend happy birthday or Dennis Rodman to congratulate your daughter on her high school basketball game.
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo. We were also recently named one of Time Magazine’s “50 Genius Companies of 2018.”
About the role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join us towards building out our Finance function - this is a ground floor opportunity where you can leave a big imprint. You'll establish the finance and accounting functions at Cameo, working initially as a hands-on contributor, and depending on your interest and experience level, eventually building a team around you to support your efforts.
- Manage all finance and accounting functions including: reporting, revenue recognition, general accounting, operational accounting, financial planning and analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Work cross functionally with the executive team to create the board deck
- Continuously improve our accounting and financial planning tools and processes
- Maintain and update our financial modeling and projections, providing transparency across our leadership
- Manage the company’s financial planning, cash flow, and other strategic financial matters, including possible fundraising activities
- Predict business risks and/or issues while driving good decision-making through sound strategic financial management
- Oversee vendors, and handle customer renewals and negotiations
- Manage monthly and quarterly close processes, including preparing financial statements, preparing management reports, and managing expense reporting
- Track budgets, working with department heads to produce reports, investigate variances, and support business decisions
- Manage accounts receivable, deposits, accounts payable, and treasury functions
- Manage our regulatory compliance obligations in the locales where we have employees or do business
- Create analyses, commentary and presentation materials for Board and leadership meetings
- Oversee tax reporting and compliance
- Oversee payroll processes
- Develop headcount plans and hiring models, partnering with the business to ensure strategic growth and accurate forecasting is in place
- Oversee employee stock options administration
A few things about yourself:
- You obsess over details and ensure that things are done right the first time.
- You thrive on bringing order to chaos and creating efficient processes.
- You're an analytical, optimistic, and team-first player who is unafraid of ambiguity and embraces every challenge.
- You are hungry and humble
- You have a bias towards action and thrive on getting shit done
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 5-8 years of experience in a similar role at a high-growth marketplace
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, Expensify and similar tools
- Superior Computer skills: Microsoft Office, POS/PMS systems, and the ability to create, maintain and analyze data in Excel spreadsheets
- Strong knowledge of relevant accounting concepts, including GAAP and accruals
- Ability to handle many projects at once without losing track of the details
- Extraordinary listening skills; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity
- CPA is highly encouraged
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.