Freelance Billing Analyst
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best-known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
Here it’s the people that matter. Our Chicago office is home to a collective of skilled individuals with a collaborative spirit. We thrive on each other’s differences, from industry-leading insight formers to award-winning creative types. Together we create big, bold campaigns for many of the world’s best-known brands.
Responsibilities include processing, monitoring and reporting on billing, working with various departments to bill costs to clients, and assisting various departments with client invoice related questions or issues. The Billing Analyst will also be responsible for monitoring and improving trade working capital targets for their assigned clients in active partnership with Account Management, Project Management and Production.
The Billing Analyst is also responsible for providing day to day financial support for a specified group of clients, including the monitoring of expense and time transfers, leading the year end client accrual process, providing monthly AR reports.
• Lead monthly billing meetings with Project Management, Client Finance and Account Management.
• Prepare agency billing and product sales reports and other production related reports for various client teams. Prepare journal or sub-ledger entries.
• Verify that all documentation required by the client is included as back up for client invoices.
• Prepare reports and summaries as requested by Account Management and approved by Finance team.
• Ensure that client billing is issued in a timely manner.
• Research and answer billing related phone calls and inquiries.
- Recognize revenue monthly in accordance with accounting guidance
• Set up billing and revenue recognition rules in NetSuite
Trade Working Capital Management (15%)
• Monitor A/R reports to identify collection issues.
• Monitor WIP reports to ensure WIP is billed in a timely manner.
• Monitor unsigned estimates to ensure they are approved in a timely manner.
• Assist in resolving billing and collection issues as required.
• Project Maintenance – ensure timely project closure, costs, and time transfers.
Compliance Management (5%)
• Understands key financial terms of client contract and works to ensure agency compliance.
• Verify correct rates on projects and review SOW/contract to ensure that billing is in compliance with client contract terms.
• Participates in client audits, pulling and gathering data as requested and supervised by Finance team.
• Interface with various departments including Project Management, Account Management, Client Finance and Corporate Accounting on a daily basis.
• Any miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned.
• Lead client year end accrual process.
This is a contract position with the ability to work flexible hours.
Desired Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Education/ Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two years’ relevant work experience
- Agency or product billing experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially with higher level Excel functionality
- Proficient with NetSuite a plus
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Basic understanding of accounting fundamentals.
- Ability and eagerness to learn quickly in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environments
- Detail oriented
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.