About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Finance team will be a model of transparency and collaboration with strategic planning and forecasting at the core of all cross-functional commercial decision making.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Financial Controller is responsible for the financial accounting, reporting and controlling activities in line with best practices.
The Financial Controller along with their team ensures the continual development of financial processes used within the finance function and upholding the integrity of financial information through application of relevant accounting standards.
- Plans, organizes and direct accounting activities and policies including fiscal procedures.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company’s finances.
- Use a financial control framework, including financial accountabilities and authorities to ensure full financial control.
- Develop and control a centralized accounting system to ensure that accounts are effectively managed.
- Oversees the management of general ledgers.
- Manages period and year end close process.
- Manages team of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable specialists.
- Provides tax, insurance, and other reports required for compliance.
- Oversees the development of accounting systems.
- Develops policies and procedures required to maintain reporting requirements.
- Act as the main point of contact to external auditors and provide all required information.
- Ensure accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards.
- Review the latest accounting developments publicized by the accounting bodies, analyze and report findings to finance team.
- Recommend changes that will improve the company’s financial performance and financial controls.
- Support the Camelot Illinois Senior Finance Director in reporting to the General Manager and Sub Committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- 8 plus years working accounting related experience.
- 3 plus years of direct management experience.
- Certified Public Accountant - CPA
- US GAAP knowledge and working experience.
- Experience managing, coaching and developing accounting and/or financial professionals.
- Big 4 or similar public accounting experience.
- Previous experience as a Controller, Accounting Manager or similar related position title.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Good working knowledge of Illinois and US Federal tax matters.
- Experience of Netsuite would be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven business partnering skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Suite of products.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois has been selected building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.