The Team: Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company`s infrastructure, the Cloud Services team enables public cloud at scale for our application teams to deploy applications securely, reliably, and in a compliant state. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications to software as a service (SaaS), we push technology`s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: Morningstar’s Cloud Services team seeks a Cloud Financial Analyst responsible for public cloud expense analysis, reporting, and monitoring. In this role you will provide cost optimization recommendations, ensure cost transparency, and show back to a diverse stakeholder base. The successful candidate will proactively and collaboratively work across the organization to ensure financial success as we adopt public cloud.
• Perform trend analysis of key public cloud metrics and recommend cost optimizations
• Collaborate with Finance team on budgeting and forecasting for processes for cloud financials
• Generate reports and financial models to support ongoing operations and special projects
• Provide continuous cost transparency using AWS, third party, or custom tools
• Work closely with cloud consumers to understand new business case requests and perform financial analysis to determine and track budgetary implications.
• Create and maintain internal financial reporting packages and materials for leadership and stakeholder meetings to drive cost transparency.
• Strong organizational and presentation skills
• Experience with cost management tools
• Working knowledge of accounting practices and internal controls
• Experience reporting on KPIs
• A bachelors’s degree is required
• Amazon Certified Cloud Practitioner or equivalent knowledge