About the Department
US Finance is comprised of over one hundred financial professionals who oversee all financial activity, accounting transactions, economic policy, reporting, planning, and analysis for McDonald's USA, LLC. The various groups within the department work together to provide in-depth financial reporting for both the Company and its franchisees, preserve the internal control environment, develop financial strategies to complement the real estate portfolio, plan for the various business unit's capital, G&A and operating income goals, provide economic analysis on new business introductions such as menu, equipment, and operating procedures, analyze the overall QSR environment including McDonald's impact amongst its competitors and manage the investment portfolio for McOpCo.
About the Opportunity
Within US Finance, the National Field Finance (NFF) team is a valued business partner with Field Offices, Zones and the US Controller Group (USCG). NFF role includes fostering an environment for the Field Offices to share best practices, identify systemic solutions, and seek efficiencies. The National Field Finance team performs centralized Field Finance functions including but not limited to Franchisee financial health monitoring, restaurant sales analysis, real estate development support, and financial analysis for franchisee business reviews.
• Work closely with NFF Team to support the review and analysis of Franchisee financial statements and key financial measures as part of the Franchisee Business Review Cycle.
• Collaborate with the Field Office Finance teams to provide monthly review of accounts receivable, manage forms for development projects, document and monitor financial assistance, and support the lending process for reinvestment activity.
• Coordinate and prepare the documentation and tools needed for the accurate and timely financial analysis of restaurant sales between Franchisee.
• Assist with various ad-hoc requests and special projects supporting the Field Office Finance teams.
• As a conduit interacting with multiple Field Office Finance teams, identify process improvements to drive efficiencies across the U.S system.
Key Customers US Field Office Finance, US Controller Group, Global Business Services, US Development and Asset Management Teams, US Franchising, and Franchising Practice Group
• 4 year degree required in finance/accounting
• 2+ years of relevant finance/accounting experience
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Attention to detail and reconciliation skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and can express ideas effectively
• Organizational skills ability to balance competing priorities
• Operates effectively in a team environment with remote workers
• Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of Products including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word
• McDonald's Headquarters (MHQ) - Chicago