Financial Analyst FPA
Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate is one of the ten largest retail mortgage lenders in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,100 employees in 175 offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $65 billion in home purchase loans and refinances since 2000.
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We have tons of energy and our location rocks – right off the brown line. Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here.
- Work directly with the CFO and SVP of Accounting on business analytics
- Perform analytics to better understand the critical aspects of our business by monitoring Key Performance Indicators and business drivers for all departments, highlighting trends and investigating underlying causes of variances
- Support company strategic initiatives through trend reporting, planning, and analysis
- Participate in monthly forecast preparation
- Provide critical analysis of monthly financial statement results
- Perform regular ad hoc reporting/analysis as needed
- 2-3 years minimum experience in an analytical role
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and manage deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage collaboratively with senior management
- MBA/CPA is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Outstanding understanding of financial statements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills is mandatory
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason, as protected by law.