Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Finance Leadership at Venmo
We’re looking for the smart people who love keeping their pulse on all financial aspects of the business and want to make an outsized impact at a fast-growing company. The successful individual will be hyper-analytical, intellectually curious, and extremely passionate about financial planning, forecasting, business insights and reporting.
This is a high impact, high visibility position with exposure to PayPal’s senior finance leadership team. As a member of the finance leadership team at Venmo reporting to the Venmo CFO you will be part of the Global Consumer Experience and Technology (CET) Finance organization with many opportunities for future career growth. The CET Finance team is a key partner and enabler of the Global product and engineering organization at PayPal. The finance team is responsible for helping Venmo meet business objectives and key outcomes by providing outstanding finance support and business insights.
What You’ll Do
- Own & drive strategic planning & financial insights at Venmo
- Partner with senior product leaders of Venmo to build business cases / financial models for key growth accelerators and prospective partnerships
- Monitor key performance metrics & deliver actionable insights to help business leaders drive performance
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams across product, marketing, data and engineering as a trusted business advisor
- Manage a Venmo financial analyst to deliver planning & insights
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Strategic Planning
- Partner with business, product and marketing teams to define financial strategy for growth of Venmo’s core business, commerce and future initiatives; includes sizing new opportunities to determine potential for revenue generation, user adoption and to influence prioritization
- Develop multi-year strategic plans and partner with internal teams on annual financial budgets and growth forecasts for Venmo’s product portfolio
- Performance measurement & reporting financial insights
- Define and use data elements to build insights about business performance across Venmo product lines
- Analyze trends and help communicate risks and opportunities to the overall PayPal portfolio
- Provide ad hoc analysis and financial modeling for specific asks and questions
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years combined experience in a top tier consulting firm, investment bank or nationally recognized public accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Highly analytical, with a focus on data-based decision making, and strong Excel skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and motivated leader
- Ability to synthesize complex analysis and ideas to communicate them in a straightforward manner is critical (both verbally and via e-mail / PowerPoint)
- Experience building and maintaining complex financial models, developing and using financial modeling tools & financial statement construction
- Highly accountable, with ability to independently lead and coordinate complex projects across multiple subject and functional areas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SQL
- MBA with combined experience in a high growth, public company and/or payment industry is a plus
- Experience in SAP and/or equivalent financial systems is a plus
- Innovative, self-motivated, collaborative
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.